Energy in Motion ~ Energy in Stillness
“Where your intention goes, energy flows.” – Grand Master Choa Kok Sui
Dru comes from the Sanskrit word, dhruva, which refers to the stillness that can be experience in Dru yoga. Dru yoga consists of classical yoga postures, breath awareness, hand gestures, positive affirmations, empowering visualizations, and sequences performed in a flowing and dynamic style.
Dru is unique in that:
- All movements originate from the spine, because a flexible, healthy spine supports your entire yoga practice
- The spinal wave and spinal twist are core features of Dru, enhancing spinal health and vitality
- A deep understanding of core stability is a major focus
- It uses Energy Block Release sequences: flowing movements that help to release tension physically, mentally, and emotionally
- Joints are kept relaxed and soft during movement (as in tai chi). This creates flexibility and a free flow of subtle energy
- Dru yoga works to balance the energy centers of the body (chakras) and access the energy of the heart
- Within the flow of movement, Dru yoga creates powerful moments of stillness which we call “Dru points”
This yoga is designed to be practiced by people of all abilities, fitness levels, and age groups.